Home visits are available for patients:
- who are too unwell that day to get to the surgery
- who are housebound but needing routine medical care
- at the discretion of the visiting doctor
Home visits are NOT available on the grounds of:
- lack of transport or funds to get to the medical centre
- not having someone to accompany a patient to the surgery
- needing to wait at home for other deliveries or visitors
Home visits are only offered at the discretion of the visiting doctor and we would normally ask children to be brought to the surgery to be examined.
Requests for visits need to be received before 10.30am by speaking with reception (telephone - 0114 239 6687). When requesting a home visit you will be asked to give your full name, address, date of birth and telephone number along with a few details as to why you are requesting a visit. A doctor will ring you back to decide if a visit is needed.
Sheffield Community Transport may be recommended in certain circumstances where a patient does not have transport of their own:
- Sheffield Community Transport - Community Car Scheme
- Sheffield Community Transport - City Ride
- Sheffield Community Transport - Application Form (opens a word document)